from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An idea, response, or explanation that occurs to one after an event or decision.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A reflection after an act; a later or subsequent thought, action, or expedient.
- n. Something additional to the original plan or concept.
- v. To expound as an afterthought.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Reflection after an act; later or subsequent thought.
- n. an action taken after another action and related to the first action, which would normally or optimally be done along with the first action; -- .
- n. a feature or part added to a device, not thought of in its original design.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A later or second thought.
- n. Reflection after an act; some consideration that occurs to one's mind too late, or after the performance of the act to which it refers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an addition that was not included in the original plan
- n. thinking again about a choice previously made
after- + thought (Wiktionary)