from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To suffix.
- n. A suffix.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To suffix.
- v. To subject a sample to postfixation
- n. Suffix.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A letter, syllable, or word, added to the end of another word; a suffix.
- transitive v. To annex; specifically (Gram.), to add or annex, as a letter, syllable, or word, to the end of another or principal word; to suffix.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To add or annex (a letter, syllable, or word) to the end of a word.
- n. In grammar, a letter, syllable, or word added to the end of a word; a suffix.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an affix that is added at the end of the word
Sorry, no etymologies found.