from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One thing added as a supplement to another.
- n. Computer Science See add-in.
- n. Computer Science A hardware device, such as an expansion card, that is added to a computer to increase its capabilities.
- n. An additional amount or charge.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something which can be appended to something else.
- n. A software extension or hardware peripheral that provides additional functions or customization for a core application or system.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a component that is added to something to improve it
- n. a supplementary component that improves capability
Travelers who choose an add-on, which is tacked on to existing domestic calling and data plans, now get 50 MB for $25 a month compared with 20 MB previously, and up to 800 MB for $200 a month versus 200 MB.
We are preparing a system for micro-transactions and so-called add-on content for both the Nintendo 3DS and the Wii U, and for the Nintendo 3DS we are targeting to release something this calendar year.
The upgrade costs for NFC range from $100 to $850 per terminal, compared with an add-on device to support Zoosh that will cost merchants about $30, Naratte estimates.
Yes: that Chauncey, the asterisk of the Carmelo Anthony deal, the add-on, the roadie, the attaché, the complimentary dessert.
Complying with the system's regulations costs every defense contractor extra time, labor and mountains of paperwork—all of which gets passed onto the taxpayer thanks to the standard cost-plus contract that the Pentagon issues, which reimburses contractors for allowed expenses with an add-on fee as profit.
Would investors really have listened to two 25-year-old grad students with no startup experience, no revenue model, no tested management team in place, for an app that was perceived to be a secondary add-on, in a field that was already crowded with well-funded incumbents?
It's a really great deal with a value of over $300 for just $169 (plus the $50 if you want the scrapbooking add-on) and FREE shipping ....
PLUS all the business supplies and an optional add-on for scrapbookers of the following for $50:
I have used Natal, and while it is quite innovative, i dont see it being used for much other than minigames and wii-sports esque games without some sort of add-on peripheral.
Dumuzi's Dream is, as I understand, an add-on to Inanna's Descent, the two sutured together.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.