from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something that, or someone who, improves
- n. A substance added to cause improvement (especially to a foodstuff)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, improves.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which improves.
- n. One who labors at a trade for the purpose of increasing his knowledge or skill, and who accepts the opportunity of improvement as compensation in whole or in part for services rendered.
- n. A pad or cushion worn by women with the object of improving the figure or the hang of a dress; a bustle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone devoted to the promotion of human welfare and to social reforms
- n. a component that is added to something to improve it
Sorry, no etymologies found.