from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of following through: a book promotion campaign with no follow-through.
- n. Sports The concluding part of a stroke, after a ball or other object has been hit or released.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The continuance or completion of a project
- n. The continued action of a stroke, or of the delivery of a ball, after it has been hit or released
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Carrying a process, plan, or project to full completion. The term usually is used in reference to the period after some point in time at which the actor is given freedom to pursue the project.
- n. The remainder of a stroke with a club, bat, or racket after the ball has been hit.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In golf, the course described by the club in the swing after the ball is struck.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. pursue to a conclusion or bring to a successful issue
- v. carry a stroke to natural completion after hitting or releasing a ball
- n. carrying some project or intention to full completion
- n. the act of carrying a stroke to its natural completion
Sorry, no etymologies found.