from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An immovable mass of floating logs crowded together.
- n. A deadlock, as in negotiations; an impasse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An excess of logs being conveyed on a river, so that their motion halts.
- n. A clog or such jam or mess that halts or greatly delays progress.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an immovable mass of logs blocking a river
- n. any stoppage attributable to unusual activity
From log + jam. (Wiktionary)