from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A temporary immobilization, as of traffic, work, or mechanical operation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A temporary interruption or cessation of a normal activity
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A strike among street-car or railway men, or others, in which the horses are tied up or traffic is otherwise suspended.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a social or business relationship
- n. an interruption of normal activity
Sorry, no etymologies found.