from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A second or subsequent examination.
- n. Subsequent questioning of a witness after cross-examination.
- n. In United States patent law, a procedure under which an issued patent is returned to the examiner to determine if it remains valid in light of newly discovered prior art.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. that questioning of a witness at trial made by the party calling the witness, after, and upon matters arising out of, the cross-examination; also called informally re-direct.
- n. A repeated examination. See under examination.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A renewed or repeated examination; specifically, in law, the examination of a witness after a cross-examination.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a subsequent examination of a patient for the purpose of monitoring earlier treatment
- n. (law) questioning of a witness by the party that called the witness after that witness has been subject to cross-examination
Sorry, no etymologies found.