from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Zealous preaching and dissemination of the gospel, as through missionary work.
- n. Militant zeal for a cause.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Sharing news of something in order to convince someone to join or otherwise accept it.
- n. The process of evangelizing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The preaching or promulgation of the gospel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The promulgation of the gospel; evangelical preaching; specifically, earnest effort for the spread of the gospel, as by itinerant evangelists.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. zealous preaching and advocacy of the gospel
evangel + -ism (Wiktionary)