American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Zealous preaching and dissemination of the gospel, as through missionary work.
- n. Militant zeal for a cause.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The promulgation of the gospel; evangelical preaching; specifically, earnest effort for the spread of the gospel, as by itinerant evangelists.
- n. Sharing news of something in order to convince someone to join or otherwise accept it.
- n. The process of evangelizing.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The preaching or promulgation of the gospel.
- n. zealous preaching and advocacy of the gospel
- evangel + -ism (Wiktionary)
“It seems that doctrinal conservatism, combined with modern techniques in evangelism, is the key to success here.”
“This new blog is an adventure in evangelism," Currie said.”
“So when evangelism is mentioned the good news that is the subject of the evangelism is nothing more than nice liturgy, nice preaching and nice stories – and who, other than the usual coterie of effete clergy, really cares about that.”
“Yes, on one level the Scriptures are distributed more widely than ever before, and evangelism is enabled in ever new locations.”
“Indeed, the potential for Internet evangelism is much, much larger: there are millions upon millions of people crusing the information superhighway, and if just a minute fraction of those people stumble across the site and learn about Jesus, it makes it all worth it, yes?”
“The Internet Evangelism Day team emphasizes that web evangelism is for anyone, not just the technically gifted.”
“I am pastor peter mwangi of Living water Church of God, assisting orphans, widows and distressed, i am seeking your assistance to partner with your ministry and work together for the Kingdom of God feeding His sheep Spiritually and Physically, assist us in evangelism ministry. we are asking for your help so that we can reach many lost souls, please open your heart and pray for us. put smile on there faces.”
“A severe Scripture shortage — and a lack of adequate training in evangelism and discipleship — has hindered the mission of the Church.”
“We work to motivate churches that are not active in evangelism to engage in outreach to friends and neighbors using the Scriptures.”
“The Hausa are being trained in evangelism and discipleship using these long-awaited Hausa Scriptures.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘evangelism’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for evangelism.