American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Games The final stage of a chess game after most of the pieces have been removed from the board.
- n. The final stage of an extended process or course of events: the diplomatic endgame that led to the treaty.
- n. The final stage of an extended process or course of events.
- n. chess The part of a chess game in which there are few pieces left.
- n. the final stages of a chess game after most of the pieces have been removed from the board
- n. the final stages of an extended process of negotiation
- end + game (Wiktionary)
“Yet, I resist it, since the endgame is a balkanized society.”
“Guardian leads with what it calls the endgame of the war in Libya - and the fate of the key city of Sirte.”
“The defense chief also said the next president would receive the blame if the "endgame" is not handled correctly.”
“Qxg6+ the rook endgame is hopeless; or 37. b4 axb4 38.”
“The endgame is here, and the Government are going to win.”
“Will investors trust them, or will they start to worry that the endgame is either inflation or default, two tried-and-true ways other countries have escaped their debts?”
“Norman Osbornâ€ ™ s endgame is revealed as the Marvel Universe finds itself irrevocably changed and not everyone survives!”
“A sensible approach to the endgame is more likely to be accomplished by Obama since McCain has been in bed with George Bush for this long-dragging hopeless war!”
“Kris might date Matt first this season, but the endgame is obviously Kris and Junior.”
“WASHINGTON Both political parties are making huge last-minute cash infusions into close House and Senate races, underscoring their traditional importance in endgame spending and the Democrats 'new financial competitiveness with Republicans.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘endgame’.
we are all just passing through.
(boundaries, portals and liminal spaces/times)
Endings, results, and pinnacles. The ideal here is to somehow imply the paradoxical concept of "after-endings".
My big word list.
Words from 2009 'Watchmen' film.
Looking for tweets for endgame.