from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Showing an alert, competent style: play heads-up basketball.
- n. Informal Information or notification, especially in advance: gave me the heads-up on the new security measures.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A warning or call to pay attention; an advisory notice.
- adj. With head directly above the neck, eyes front.
- adj. Alert; vigilant
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. maintaining presence of mind; alert and attentive; able to recognize and take quick advantage of opportunities; resourceful.
- n. a warning to be prepared for an imminent event.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a warning message
- adj. fully alert and watchful
Sorry, no etymologies found.