from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or using the Doppler effect or Doppler radar.
- Doppler, Christian Johann 1803-1853. Austrian physicist and mathematician who first enunciated the principle known as the Doppler effect in 1842.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname of German derivation
- proper n. Christian Doppler, Austrian mathematician and physicist
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Austrian physicist famous for his discovery of the Doppler effect (1803-1853)
Sorry, no etymologies found.