from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The end; the conclusion: setbacks that wrote finis to our venture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An end (of a book etc.)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An end; conclusion. It is often placed at the end of a book.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The end; conclusion: a word occasionally, and in former times commonly, placed at the end of a book.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the concluding part of any performance
- n. the temporal end; the concluding time
Middle English, from Latin fīnis.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)