from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act, an instance of debarring.
- n. In the United States Food and Drugs Act, a penalty imposed on persons or companies that commit crimes in connection with applications for approval of drugs, in which such persons are barred from submitting or assisting in the submission of such an application.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Hindrance from approach; exclusion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of debarring or excluding; hindrance from approach; exclusion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being debarred (excluded from enjoying certain possessions or rights or practices)
- n. the act of prevention by legal means
Sorry, no etymologies found.