from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of foreclosing, especially a legal proceeding by which a mortgage is foreclosed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the proceeding, by a creditor, to regain property or other collateral following a default on mortgage payments
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of foreclosing; a proceeding which bars or extinguishes a mortgager's right of redeeming a mortgaged estate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of foreclosing; the act of depriving a mortgager of the right of redeeming his mortgaged estate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the legal proceedings initiated by a creditor to repossess the collateral for loan that is in default
Sorry, no etymologies found.