from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an official prohibition or edict against something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of forbidding; prohibition; command or edict against a thing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of forbidding, or the state of being forbidden; prohibition; a command or edict against a thing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an official prohibition or edict against something
- n. the action of prohibiting or inhibiting or forbidding (or an instance thereof)
Sorry, no etymologies found.