from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition of being posterior in location or time.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The condition of being posterior (in any sense)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being later or subsequent; ; -- opposed to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being later or subsequent: opposed to priority.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being toward the back or toward the rear end
- n. following in time
Sorry, no etymologies found.