from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The future.
- n. The quality or condition of being in or of the future.
- n. A future event or possibility.
- n. Sports A futurity race.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the future
- n. the state of being in the future.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. State of being that is yet to come; future state.
- n. Future time; time to come; the future.
- n. Event to come; a future event.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being future, or not yet existent.
- n. Future time; time to come.
- n. The world in future times; that which or those who will exist in the future.
- n. A future event; something yet to come: in this sense a plural is used.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the time yet to come
- n. the quality of being in or of the future
Sorry, no etymologies found.