from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of being late
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state, condition, or quality, of being late
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being late or tardy, or of coming or appearing after the usual or proper time: as, the lateness of harvest.
- n. Time far advanced in any particular period: as, lateness in the season.
- n. Recency, absolute or comparative; recent origin, discovery, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. quality of coming late or later in time
Sorry, no etymologies found.