from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something that is subsequent; a sequel.
- n. The fact or quality of being subsequent.
- n. Mathematics A sequence that is contained in another sequence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A subsequent act or thing; a sequel
- n. A sequence that is contained within a larger one
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or state of following; -- opposed to precedence.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or act of being subsequent or following.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. following in time
- n. something that follows something else
From subsequent (Wiktionary)
From sub- + sequence (Wiktionary)