from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various solid crystalline substances, such as germanium or silicon, having electrical conductivity greater than insulators but less than good conductors, and used especially as a base material for computer chips and other electronic devices.
- n. An integrated circuit or other electronic component containing a semiconductor as a base material.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A substance with electrical properties intermediate between a good conductor and a good insulator.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a conductor made with semiconducting material
- n. a substance as germanium or silicon whose electrical conductivity is intermediate between that of a metal and an insulator; its conductivity increases with temperature and in the presence of impurities
Sorry, no etymologies found.