from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who instructs; a teacher.
- n. A college or university teacher who ranks below an assistant professor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who instructs; a teacher
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who instructs; one who imparts knowledge to another; a teacher.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who instructs; a teacher; a person who imparts knowledge to another by precept or information.
- n. Specifically, in American colleges, a teacher inferior in rank to a professor. The exact meaning of the term varies in different institutions. See tutor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person whose occupation is teaching
Sorry, no etymologies found.