from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One, such as a kidnapper, who abducts.
- n. Anatomy A muscle that draws a body part, such as a finger, arm, or toe, away from the midline of the body or of an extremity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who abducts.
- n. A muscle which serves to draw a part out, or form the median line of the body.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which abducts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who unlawfully seizes and detains a victim (usually for ransom)
- n. a muscle that draws a body part away from the median line
Sorry, no etymologies found.