from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The large four-part extensor muscle at the front of the thigh.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A muscle having four heads, especially the large extensor at the front of the thigh.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The great extensor muscle of the knee, divided above into four parts which unite in a single tendon at the knee.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In anatomy, the quadriceps extensor cruris of the thigh; the great muscle which extends the leg upon the thigh, considered as consisting of the rectus, cruræus, and vastus internus and externus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a muscle of the thigh that extends the leg
quadri- + (bi)ceps.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin quattuor, four, + caput, head (Wiktionary)