from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A muscle with two heads or points of origin.
- n. The large muscle at the front of the upper arm that flexes the forearm. Also called biceps brachii.
- n. The large muscle at the back of the thigh that flexes the knee joint. Also called biceps femoris.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any muscle having two heads.
- n. Specifically, the biceps brachii, the flexor of the elbow.
- n. The upper arm, especially the collective muscles of the upper arm.
- n. A point in a metrical pattern that can be filled either with one long syllable (a longum) or two short syllables (two brevia)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A muscle having two heads or origins; -- applied particularly to a flexor in the arm, and to another in the thigh.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In anatomy, a muscle having two heads or origins; specifically, the biceps brachii.
- n. Figuratively, strength or muscular development.
- n. Muscular strength of the arm; ability to use the arm effectively: from such strength or ability depending on the development of the biceps muscle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any skeletal muscle having two origins (but especially the muscle that flexes the forearm)
I did tell Desiree that under no circumstances do I want the public to know what she calls my biceps, although “Brad” and “Angelina” are the perfect nicknames!
The unfortunate side effect of obsessively pumping as much blood as possible into your biceps is that it then struggles to make its way to your member ...
Popeye with his bulging biceps is just one example of the near-mythic properties that are attributed to green leafy vegetables!
Tattooed on his right biceps is "SC," which stands both for his initials and his university.
And on his right biceps is the message of his life.
He had enormous thighs, a trim waist, and the largest arms I have ever seen on a human being: his biceps were the size of cantaloupes.
In a very amusing interview, he gladly shows off his massive arms and claims his biceps are about 20 inches in diameter.
Drama Queen: Sixteen-button-closure gloves formal length, on the biceps are an elegant choice for strapless gowns and dresses.
His fingers are cities, his biceps is a province-of course he raises an arm.
Her biceps are a symbol of triumph of women in the bodybuilding world.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.