from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The hollow under the upper part of the arm at the shoulder.
- n. Slang The most miserable or undesirable place in a particular area.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The cavity beneath the junction of the arm and shoulder.
- n. Somewhere or something considered foul.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The hollow beneath the junction of the arm and shoulder; the axilla.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The hollow place or cavity under the shoulder; the axilla.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the hollow under the arm where it is joined to the shoulder
From arm + pit. (Wiktionary)