from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A hollow; a hole.
- n. A hollow area within the body: a sinus cavity.
- n. A pitted area in a tooth caused by caries.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hole or hollow depression.
- n. A hollow area within the body (such as the sinuses).
- n. A soft area in a decayed tooth.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Hollowness.
- n. A hollow place; a hollow.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A hollow place; a hollow; a void or empty space in a body: as, the abdominal cavity; the thoracic cavity; the cavity of the mouth.
- n. The state of being hollow; hollowness.
- n. In horticulture See basin, 12.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sizeable hole (usually in the ground)
- n. soft decayed area in a tooth; progressive decay can lead to the death of a tooth
- n. (anatomy) a natural hollow or sinus within the body
- n. space that is surrounded by something
Pour the still clear soap into your mold until the cavity is about 2/3 of the way full
This cavity is a real help to extract the victim and also provides 150 Liters of air to breath if you are buried.
But police had been searching the backyard where they found what they call a cavity, where they believe human remains had been found and had been burned even.
This abnormality, which occurs as the fetus is forming, is an opening in the diaphragm (the muscle that separates the chest cavity from the abdominal cavity) that allows abdominal organs to move into the chest.
The animal could be fatally wounded but may bleed internally untill the chest cavity is full.
The lung cavity is nothing but soup! ken. mcloud said it best!
Any object in this cavity is effectively invisible.
While further testing showed no signs of chromosomal or heart defects, the result of an ultrasound indicated that baby Laura had a left congenital diaphragmatic hernia, a hole in the diaphragm (the muscle that separates the chest cavity from the abdominal cavity), which allows some of the abdominal organs to move up into the chest cavity.
The reason it's so hard to judge the chest cavity is that big hump on their shoulders.
But the Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cake Pan pictured above trumps that because not only does it have a ring just the right size for a round of pineapple, but each cavity is pineapple shaped, complete with leaves on top.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.