from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The symbol for the element copper1.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Symbol for copper.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the chemical symbol for copper.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The chemical symbol of copper (Latin cuprum).
- n. An abbreviation of cubic
- n. of cumulus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a ductile malleable reddish-brown corrosion-resistant diamagnetic metallic element; occurs in various minerals but is the only metal that occurs abundantly in large masses; used as an electrical and thermal conductor
From Late Latin cuprum; see copper1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)