from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A ravine or gully, especially in southern Asia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A stream.
- n. The dry bed of a small stream.
- n. A gorge or ravine.
- n. A concrete lined channel designed to allow rapid run off of storm water from high ground, to prevent flooding of urbanised coastal areas.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A water course, esp. a dry one; a gully; a gorge; -- orig. an East Indian term.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In the East Indies, a watercourse: commonly used for the dry bed of a stream.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a ravine or gully in southern Asia
Hindi nālā, rivulet, probably of Dravidian origin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)