American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A small secluded wooded valley.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small valley between hills; a little dale; a glen; a ravine.
- n. A young girl; a wench.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A small, retired valley; a ravine.
- n. obsolete A young woman; a wench.
- n. a small wooded hollow
- From Middle English delle, from Old English *dell (“small dale”), from Proto-Germanic *daljō (“a hollow, abyss”), diminutive of Proto-Germanic *dalan (“valley, dale”), from Proto-Indo-European *dʰol-, *dʰel- (“an arch, vaulting, curve, curvature, cavity”). Cognate with Dutch del ("a dell"), German dialectal Telle ("a hollow"). (Wiktionary)
- Middle English del, from Old English dell. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The problem with dell is they will not ship to mexico.”
“I'm going to get myself a dell laptop soon, just wondering if dell is a good buy? or acer?”
“I can tell you, the only upgrade you can do on my dell is replace the ram and the hard drive/optical drive”
“The sun now lit the eastern sky, but the mountain dell in which the four figures stood remained dark.”
“Happy to see that dell is going retail this way I can get accessories for my dell and get repairs done quick”
“What goes around comes around … … … dell is paying the price now.”
“Well …. my experience with dell is nothing to boost about.”
“August 11, 2006 at 5: 17 am yaa .. dell is SUCKS!!”
“Seems no one is able to press the enter button anywhere in dell .. or perhaps their computers have gone down.”
“I guess it depends on the way we use the PC. dell is a great company and I wish to say that I would make sure to promote it between my friends.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘dell’.
The path of least resistance, watercourses, plumbing....
Words that are a pain in the ass to type in on a numerical keypad on a cell phone because they have consecutive letters that share the same button:
2 - ABC
3 - DEF
4 - GHI...
Significant Words- Guiding you on your path to Snazzibility
Temporary list is temporary.
Collecting a few words here, which are then to be alloted to other lists.
Planetary chaos: terrain, landscape and geology excluding rocks. (See "the geologist" list for the latter.)
Hecko, words! I’m so happy I’ve found you. I want to keep you all and never want to lose you again. I hope you like it here.
all kinds of scapes
The descriptive science described.
good strong words that create distinct images and feelings
Looking for tweets for dell.