American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A city of western California on Carmel Bay at the southern end of the Monterey Peninsula. It is an artists' and writers' colony and a popular tourist spot. Population: 4,000.
- MountCarmel A limestone ridge of northwest Israel extending about 24 km (15 mi) from the Plain of Esdraelon northwest to the Mediterranean Sea. It rises to approximately 546 m (1,790 ft).
- n. A mountain range in Israel.
- n. A female given name from the Roman Catholic epithet of Virgin Mary at Mount Carmel.
- n. A city, valley and river located in Monterey County, California, United States.
- n. One name for the mission located in Monterey County, California.
- n. The native people of this Monterey region.
- n. The native language spoken in this Monterey region.
- From Hebrew כַּרְמֶל (karmél), from כֶּרֶם (kérem, “vineyard of”) + אֵל (él, “God”). (Wiktionary)
“CARMEL -- A statewide violence against minorities prevention program will hold its annual workshop in Carmel next month.”
“CARMEL -- The new sponsor of the 2010 Hamilton County Spelling Bee, Williams Comfort Air in Carmel, is expanding a recognition program started a year ago to recognize high school seniors whose deeds might go unnoticed.”
“CARMEL - Carmel officials announced today the city's $118 million concert hall has been named The Palladium at the Center for the Performing Arts. The 1,600-seat concert hall is scheduled to open in January 2011 and is part of the $150 million Regional Performing Arts.Center.”
“CARMEL -- Carmel pounded two home runs Wednesday, but suffered a 10-4 baseball loss to Pike.”
“CARMEL - Carmel will close Westfield Boulevard to through traffic from the north side of”
“CARMEL, Ind. -- A Carmel boys basketball team that had been limping toward the postseason picked itself up off the mat Friday night.”
“CARMEL -- Police arrested two Indianapolis men -- one a convicted killer -- who allegedly tried to burglarize a Carmel apartment Thursday.”
“CARMEL -- A Carmel city councilman hopes to elevate the status of the Arts & Design District.”
“CARMEL -- So far unopposed for Carmel mayor next year, Jim Brainard still has $52,250 in his re-election campaign fund.”
“CARMEL, Ind. -- The biggest snowfall of the new decade pushed the Carmel girls swimming sectional into prime time.”
‘Carmel’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Carmel.