from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A town of eastern Massachusetts, a residential suburb of Boston. Population: 41,100.
- A city of northern Texas midway between Dallas and Fort Worth. It is an important manufacturing center. Population: 367,000.
- A county and unincorporated city of northern Virginia across the Potomac River from Washington, D.C. Mainly residential, it is the site of Arlington National Cemetery, where American war dead and other notables, including William Howard Taft and John F. Kennedy, are buried. The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier commemorates members of the Armed Forces killed in World War I, World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War. Population: 200,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A place name.
- proper n. Arlington National Cemetery (in Arlington County, Virginia) an American military cemetery, which includes among other things the tomb of the unknown soldiers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a city in northern Texas between Dallas and Fort Worth
Sorry, no etymologies found.