from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The symbol ∇ used to denote the gradient operator.
- n. a part, portion
- abbr. delegate
- abbr. delegation
- abbr. delete
- abbr. delineavit
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Share; portion; part.
- n. a differential operator which, operating on a function of several variables, gives the sum of the partial derivatives of the function with respect to the three orthogonal spatial coordinates; -- also called the gradient or grad. It is represented by an inverted Greek capital delta (∇), and is thus because of its shape also called nabla, meaning harp in Hebrew.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Middle English form of deal.
- n. Same as angiliwood.
- n. An abbreviation of the Latin delineavit, (he) drew it, placed after an artist's name on a picture.
- n. A simplified spelling of dell.
- n. An abbreviation of Delaware;
- n. [lowercase] of delegate.
From delta, the symbol being an inverted delta (Wiktionary)
See deal (Wiktionary)