from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Done (as bowling) with the arm not raised above the elbow, that is, not swung far out from the body; underhand. Cf. over-arm and round-arm.
- adj. For use under the arms, specifically in the armpit.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In cricket, delivered with the hand below the shoulder: said of bowling.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. with hand brought forward and up from below shoulder level
- adv. with the hand swung below shoulder level
Sorry, no etymologies found.