from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or resembling cilia.
- adj. Of or relating to the ciliary body and associated structures of the eye.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a cilium
- adj. Of or pertaining to eyelashes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to the cilia, or eyelashes. Also applied to special parts of the eye itself
- adj. Pertaining to or connected with the cilia in animal or vegetable organisms.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or resembling cilia; hair-like; filamentous; specifically, belonging to the eyelids: as, the ciliary feathers of birds (that is, feathers situated on the edges of the eyelids).
- Furnished with cilia; ciliated.
- Pertaining to cilia; characteristic of cilia; done by cilia: as, ciliary action; ciliary motion.
- Related, associated, or connected in some way with the eye; situated in or about the eye: applied to various delicate anatomical structures.
- In the eye of a cephalopod, a thickening of the epithelium on the anterior and posterior surfaces of the connective tissue which invests the ciliary muscle and extends to the crystalline lens. Also called corpus epitheliale.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the human eyelash
- adj. relating to the ciliary body and associated structures of the eye
- adj. of or relating to cilia projecting from the surface of a cell
From Latin cilium ("an eyelid"). (Wiktionary)