from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pilot or navigator of a lighter-than-air craft, such as a balloon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who glides through the air in an airship or balloon
- n. balloonist
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An aërial navigator; a balloonist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who sails or floats in the air; an aërial navigator; a balloonist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who operates an aircraft
aero- + Greek nautēs, sailor; see nāu- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From the French aéronaute; compare the Italian aeronauta. (Wiktionary)