from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to pharmacy or pharmacists.
- n. A pharmaceutical product or preparation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, or relating to pharmacy or pharmacists.
- n. A pharmaceutical or pharmacological preparation or product; a drug.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as pharmaceutic
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. drug or medicine that is prepared or dispensed in pharmacies and used in medical treatment
- adj. of or relating to pharmacy or pharmacists
- adj. of or relating to drugs used in medical treatment
From Late Latin pharmaceuticus, from Greek pharmakeutikos, from pharmakeutēs, preparer of drugs, variant of pharmakeus, from pharmakon, drug.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From pharmaceutic + -al, from Latin pharmaceuticus ("of drugs"), from Greek φαρμακευτικός (pharmakeutikós, "drug maker"). (Wiktionary)