from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A luncheonette.
- n. A room in a facility, such as a school, in which lunches may be purchased or those brought from home may be eaten.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A room reserved for eating food, especially at a business (lunch may or may not be served there).
- n. A diner or restaurant that specializes in serving lunch.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a dining room (in a school, business, or other non-domestic facility) where lunch can be purchased.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a restaurant (in a facility) where lunch can be purchased
Sorry, no etymologies found.