from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woolen cap that is creased lengthwise and often has short ribbons at the back.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a brimless cap, longer than wider and creased lengthwise across the top, often with ribbons trailing behind, and frequently worn with the Scottish kilt.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A kind of Highland Scotch cap for men, with straight sides and a hollow top sloping to the back, where it is parted and held together by ribbons or strings.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Scotch cap of wool, either woven in one piece or made of cloth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a Scottish cap with straight sides and a crease along the top from front to back; worn by Highlanders as part of military dress
After Glengarry, a valley of central Scotland.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Glengarry, a valley in northern Scotland. (Wiktionary)