American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The nest of a bird, such as an eagle, built on a cliff or other high place.
- n. A house or stronghold perched on a height.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Alternative form of eyrie.
- n. A Local chapter of the Fraternal Order of Eagles.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The nest of a bird of prey, as of an eagle or hawk; also a brood of such birds; eyrie. Shak. Also fig.: A human residence or resting place perched like an eagle's nest.
- n. the lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle)
- n. any habitation at a high altitude
- Medieval Latin aeria, from Old French aire, from Latin ārea, open space, threshing-floor. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“American Eagle Outfitters Inc., another teen brand, has had success with its fast-growing "aerie" line of underwear and pajamas.”
“American Eagle says its "aerie" brand is comprised of "intimates and dormwear.”
“The launch party was held at his New York office, an urban aerie that sits atop the Apple store on West 14th Street.”
“I was stuck in the sterile aerie of a creature who could fly—why would I assume that mysterious dark wings were a figment of my imagination?”
“The aerie overlooked a savannah of cubicles with shelves lined with gizmos, yurtlike conference rooms, and countless microkitchens equipped with goodie-stuffed fridges and high-end espresso machines.”
“Aerie," American Eagle's undergarments line aimed at teenage girls According to a press release: "aerie by American Eagle is a new line of intimates and dormwear designed for girls 15 to 25 years of age", features on its homepage "Drew--Our New Pushup Bra That Adds 2 Cup Sizes," with the heading "Double Whoa.”
“While Colgin's luxurious aerie is worlds apart from Kosta Browne's warehouse, both are pursuing the same goal: perfection.”
“Wednesday, from the stuffy chambers of the U.S. bankruptcy court to the stark aerie of a Manhattan law firm, the auction for video-store chain Blockbuster Inc. at times became like a "cage match," said one person who was there.”
“But the mission hardly gets started: In the mountains of southern Spain, Awa and her mistress are captured by a necromancer and kept for years in an inaccessible aerie by him and his "bonemen" resurrected corpses.”
“From your position in this lofty aerie, how do you regard the two countries 'approaches to their languages?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘aerie’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
All words of the poem
by Gerard Nolst Trenité
Dearest creature in creation,
Study English pronunciation.
I will teach you in my verse <...
These come from gamma meditation ,I think.
Words used quite often in steampunk
the good ole boys of the nyt crossword puzzle
Looking for tweets for aerie.