from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A borough of northwest Northern Ireland northwest of Belfast. Built on the site of an abbey founded by Saint Columba in 546, it is a port and manufacturing center. Population: 83,600.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A borough in Northern Ireland northwest of Belfast; Londonderry
- proper n. a town in New Hampshire.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A frequent element in Irish place-names: as, Derry, Derrybrian, Londonderry.
- n. A meaningless refrain or chorus in old songs.
Sorry, no etymologies found.