from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A fully enclosed railroad car, typically having sliding side doors, used to transport freight.
- n. Games A pair of sixes on the first throw in craps.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An enclosed railroad freight car, especially one with a sliding door (traditionally used by hobos).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a freight car covered with a roof and inclosed on the sides to protect its contents.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An inclosed and covered freight-car.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a freight car with roof and sliding doors in the sides
Sorry, no etymologies found.