from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of timetable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A tabular statement of the time at which, or within which, several things are to take place, as the recitations in a school, the departure and arrival of railroad trains or other public conveyances, the rise and fall of the tides, etc.
- n. A plane surface divided in one direction with lines representing hours and minutes, and in the other with lines representing miles, and having diagonals (usually movable strings) representing the speed and position of various trains.
- n. A table showing the notation, length, or duration of the several notes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A tabular statement or scheme, showing the time when certain things are to take place or be attended: as, a school time-table, showing the hours for study in each class, etc.
- n. Specifically— A printed table showing the times at which trains on a line of railway arrive at and depart from the various stations.
- n. A collection of such tables for the railway passenger traffic of an entire country, or of a district of country of greater or less extent. Also called railway- or railroad-guide.
- n. In musical notation, a table of notes arranged so as to show their relative duration or time-value.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a schedule of times of arrivals and departures
- n. a schedule listing events and the times at which they will take place
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The 3 year time-table is pure politics, "Straight up"!
According to the time-table set by the ruling Supreme Council of Armed Forces Scaf, elections were to be held in three stages, each involving polling in 9 of the country's 27 governorates.
But, there was no contesting Burkes insights that societies must evolve according to their own natural time-table, and that it is disastrous to force the issue.
But how boring that would be, right, if men and women were thinking alike and on the same time-table, take all the fun out of life, right?!!
A new time-table will be announced in the coming days.
Although there is no official time-table to announce buyers, several people involved in the discussions expect the Shah Deniz II consortium will select buyers in the first half of 2011.
Actually, we were just asking for them to shift their time-table.
Step one is completed -- getting the House and the Senate Democrats, with a very few Republicans, to agree to a time-table and date to begin withdrawal.
Setting a time-table for withdrawing all U.S. troops from Iraq no later than the fall of 2008: Favor 60%, Oppose 38%
For a long time she patrolled and investigated the time-table of German military trains that reached Vilna — activity which involved mortal danger.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.