from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A schedule of activities or events; a timetable.
- n. A chronology.
- n. A representation or exhibit of key events within a particular historical period, often consisting of illustrative visual material accompanied by written commentary, arranged chronologically.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a graphical representation of a chronological sequence of events (past or future); a chronology
- n. a schedule of activities; a timetable
- v. To analyse a sequence of events or activities.
- v. To graphically display such and sequence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sequence of related events arranged in chronological order and displayed along a line (usually drawn left to right or top to bottom)
Facebook in legal fight over use of term 'timeline,' Business Insider reports Facebook is in legal proceedings with Timelines.com over the social network's use of the term "timeline" in its new features, reported Business Insider.
He lied when he denied he ever made comments about his lack on knowledge on the economy or that he ever used the term timeline with regard to removal of troops from Iraq.
I worked on my Mac and PC, dragging video clips down into what Adobe calls a Sceneline (a timeline is also viewable), which shows still clips of each video and lets you drag effects on to those clips to put them into action.
Setting a timeline is a way of telling the Afghan govt to stop messing around and get with the program.
The generals have stated the timeline is an important part of the new policy.
Didn't McCain at one time say that having a timeline is a huge mistake and today he gave us timeline for 2013.?
They really, despite what the Iraqi government is saying, despite what Senator Obama is saying, here at the Pentagon, no one is advocating what they call a timeline or a timetable.
Your Katrina timeline is a great piece of revisionist history, which liberals are so skilled at.
This timeline is the most convincing arguement for impeachment out there.
Certainly, this timeline is a lot more accurate than other statements that have been floated around recently.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.