from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A schedule of activities or events; a timetable.
- n. A chronology.
- n. A representation or exhibit of key events within a particular historical period, often consisting of illustrative visual material accompanied by written commentary, arranged chronologically.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a graphical representation of a chronological sequence of events (past or future); a chronology
- n. a schedule of activities; a timetable
- v. To analyse a sequence of events or activities.
- v. To graphically display such and sequence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sequence of related events arranged in chronological order and displayed along a line (usually drawn left to right or top to bottom)
time + line (Wiktionary)