from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A passage, roadway, or bridge that crosses above another roadway or thoroughfare.
- transitive v. To pass over or across; traverse.
- transitive v. To go beyond; surpass.
- transitive v. To go over (a limit or boundary); transgress.
- transitive v. To overlook or disregard.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A section of a road or path that crosses over an obstacle, especially another road, railway, etc.
- v. To pass above something, as when flying or moving on a higher road.
- v. To exceed, overstep, or transcend a limit, threshold, or goal.
- v. To disregard, skip, or miss something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To go over or beyond; to cross
- transitive v. To pass above; -- of roadways and other paths.
- transitive v. To pass over; to omit; to overlook; to disregard.
- transitive v. To surpass; to excel.
- intransitive v. To pass over, away, or off.
- n. A road or other pathway which passes over another road, railroad, or other path.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To pass over; cross.
- To pass by; pass by without notice or regard; omit to notice or include; overlook.
- To pass through; pass; spend.
- To surpass.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. bridge formed by the upper level of a crossing of two highways at different levels
Sorry, no etymologies found.