from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A road that intersects another road.
- n. A place where two or more roads meet.
- n. A small, usually rural community situated at an intersection of two or more roads: asked for directions at a remote crossroads.
- n. A place that is centrally located.
- n. A crucial point. See Synonyms at crisis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A crossroads (place where one road crosses another)
- n. A road that crosses another
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A road that crosses another; an obscure road intersecting or avoiding the main road.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A road that crosses from one main road to another; a by-road.
- n. A road that crosses another, especially a main road, or one of two or more roads that cross each other.
- n. plural Two or more roads so crossing; the point where they intersect.
- n. Same as cross-heading. 1 and .
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a junction where one street or road crosses another
Sorry, no etymologies found.
She has gone through what she calls a crossroad with her relationship with Kelly Carpenter, and I think that she ` s just sort of saying, you know what?
Coming to the main crossroad there was chaos as a car was broken down in the middle of the junction.
Quantico is also known as the crossroad of the Corps, since so many Marines passed through the Marine Corps University here.
At the end of the crossroad was a small cafe, one dark oak door open.
Cantor is such a jerk, when a republican changes his mind it is a "crossroad", when a Democrat changes his mind it's "flip-flopping"!
To find this restaurant, go back to Insadong-Gil street, turn right onto Insadong-negori (negori means "crossroad") and take the first alley to the left.
Adversity often provides the kind of crossroad that defines who we are.
(Chomphra-Thatoom), and visitors need to make a leftturn at Ban-Nongtart crossroad which is only 15 kilometers from Thatoom district.
That is the kind of crossroad he approaches this season.
Silly me - just to clear things up .. 51 is a county road, and your "crossroad" is most likely a Township road.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.