from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A sequence of overlapping oligonucleotides, used to design hybridization.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To travel over.
- transitive v. To exceed; to surpass.
- transitive v. To cover.
- transitive v. To oppress; to weigh down.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To pass over or through; go over; traverse.
- To cover.
- To excel; go beyond; surpass; exceed.
- To overcome; weigh down; oppress.
- To surmount; get the better of.
- To go by; pass over; pass away; disappear.
- To go to excess; be extravagant.
From Middle English overgon, from Old English ofergān ("to pass over, beyond, across, traverse, cross, transgress, overstep, overrun, overcome, overspread, conquer, come upon, overtake, seize, attack, pass off, pass away, end, overreach"), corresponding to over- + go. Cognate with Dutch overgaan, German übergehen, Swedish övergå. (Wiktionary)
Blend of overlapping and oligonucleotide. (Wiktionary)