from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To journey or travel from place to place, especially on foot.
- transitive v. To travel through or over; traverse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To travel from place to place, or from one country to another, especially on foot; hence, to sojourn in foreign countries.
- v. To travel through a specific place.
- adj. Peregrine; having traveled; foreign, exotic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To travel from place to place, or from one country to another; hence, to sojourn in foreign countries.
- adj. Having traveled; foreign.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To travel from place to place, or from one country to another.
- To sojourn or live in a foreign country.
- Foreign; traveled; of foreign birth or manners.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. travel around, through, or over, especially on foot
Latin peregrīnārī, peregrīnāt-, from peregrīnus, foreigner; see peregrine.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin peregrinari ("to live or travel abroad"). (Wiktionary)
Latin peregrinatus ("having travelled abroad"), past participle of peregrinari. (Wiktionary)