from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A path marked off on a street to indicate where pedestrians should cross.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Place where pedestrians can cross a street
- n. A mapping between equivalent elements (fields) in multiple database schema
- v. To relate / map equivalent elements (fields) in multiple database schema
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a path (often marked) where something (as a street or railroad) can be crossed to get from one side to the other
Sorry, no etymologies found.