from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small firm cushion into which pins are stuck when not in use.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small device designed to receive sewing pins, usually pillow-like; more recently also magnetic.
- n. Someone who receives regular hypodermic needle injections.
- n. A flowering plant in genus Chaenactis.
- v. To multiply stick or jab, as with pins into a pincushion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small cushion, in which pins may be stuck for use.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cushion into which pins are stuck when not in use.
- n. A plant of the genus Scabiosa, the scabious: so called with reference to the soft convex flower-head.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small stiff cushion into which pins are stuck ready for use
pin + cushion (Wiktionary)